I don't know what's been up with my lately, but I've been on a serious tofu kick lately. I rarely to never buy tofu, but I broke down and bought a couple packages. Now, what am I going to do with 2 packages of tofu? I rarely eat tofu. In fact, I used to hate tofu. I still bought them anyways. I ended up using one package to make chicken and tofu wontons, but the second package is slooowly disappearing. I'm out of wonton wrappers and I don't want to deep fry anything. I did have some thawed out chicken that I needed to take care of in the fridge tho.
Chicken and Tofu Curry
1 chicken breast , cubed
1 block very firm tofu, cubed
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1/3 cup diced onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups Spinach (fresh)
1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Turmeric
1 Tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- Salt and pepper the chicken cubes. Heat up a medium sauté pan over high heat and drizzle in the cooking oil. Sauté the chicken until done. Remove chicken, but leave the oil in the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tofu cubes and spinach leaves.(Try not to stir the cubes too much or they'll just break apart)
- Add the soy sauce and coconut milk. Lower flame to medium heat.
- Add the turmeric, lemon juice(or vinegar), and cooked chicken cubes. Stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over rice or couscous.