November 17, 2008

Chicken and Tofu Curry


I don't know what's been up with my lately, but I've been on a serious tofu kick lately. I rarely to never buy tofu, but I broke down and bought a couple packages. Now, what am I going to do with 2 packages of tofu? I rarely eat tofu. In fact, I used to hate tofu. I still bought them anyways. I ended up using one package to make chicken and tofu wontons, but the second package is slooowly disappearing. I'm out of wonton wrappers and I don't want to deep fry anything. I did have some thawed out chicken that I needed to take care of in the fridge tho.

Soooo.....

Chicken and Tofu Curry

1 chicken breast , cubed
1 block very firm tofu, cubed
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1/3 cup diced onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups Spinach (fresh)
1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Turmeric
1 Tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Preparation:

  1. Salt and pepper the chicken cubes. Heat up a medium sauté pan over high heat and drizzle in the cooking oil. Sauté the chicken until done. Remove chicken, but leave the oil in the pan.
  2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute.
  3. Add the tofu cubes and spinach leaves.(Try not to stir the cubes too much or they'll just break apart)
  4. Add the soy sauce and coconut milk. Lower flame to medium heat.
  5. Add the turmeric, lemon juice(or vinegar), and cooked chicken cubes. Stir to combine.
  6. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over rice or couscous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi i would like to know how many serving this served and how long it took to make this. THANK YOU

syahirah :) :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin