Basic Pasta Dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the flour, add the slightly beaten egg, and mix. Mixture should form a stiff dough. If needed, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the dough into a plastic bag and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough using a rolling pin or pasta roller.
- Shape as desired and cook.